In the headlines
- 20 January 2014, "Ombudsman Poraiwai awarded New Years Honours", London Gazette
The Solomon Islands Ombudsman, Joe Poraiwai, was awarded an OBE in the New Years' Honours list for his public service.
- 16 January 2014, "Commonwealth whistleblower protection law comes into effect", Commonwealth Ombudsman website and
Commonwealth whistleblower legislation came into effect on January 15, giving the Commonwealth Ombudsman responsibility for promoting awareness and understanding of the scheme and monitoring its operation.
- 13 January 2014, "Ombudsman Commission loses an Ombudsman", EMTV
Ombudsman John Nero, of the Ombudsman Commission of Papua New Guinea, sadly passed away on the 11th of January. Ombudsman Nero was a long serving member of the Ombudsman Commission, as a Senior Investigator, Deputy Director and then as an Ombudsman.
- 10 December 2013, "Samoan Ombudsman launches National Human Rights Institute", UN and
The Samoan Ombudsman's office formally launched its Human Rights Institute on the 10th of December, to coincide with International Human Rights Day.
- 4 September 2013, "Cook Islands ombudsman in investigates police pursuit death", Cook Islands News
An investigation is underway into the a serious motorcycle crash, relating to a high speed police chase in Tupapa.
- 20 June 2013, "Commonwealth ombudsman explores SI challenges", Solomon Star
The Commonwealth Ombudsman Colin Neave visited the Solomon Island Ombudsman's office in June 2013.
- 12 June 2013, "LCC Charges", The Island Sun
The Solomon Islands Leadership Code Commission has charged 36 MPs under the Leadership Code Commission
- 29 July 2013, "Two new staff boost Office of Ombudsman", Samoa Observer
The Samoan Ombudsman's office has two new staff members as it prepares for the launch of its human rights function in October 2013
- 3 July 2013, "Lua sworn in as PNG Chief Ombudsman", Island Business
The Ombudsman Commission of Papua New Guinea has a new Chief Ombudsman, Rigo Lua, the former Chair of the Public Service Commission.